8.16.2008

Instrumental Series Vol.5 Smooth Groove

So what happened to volumes 3 and 4? Well, they're not quite ready yet so I moved ahead to this one. I made this mix about a year ago but after moving all the files around and transferring to an external HDD I lost the track list so I had to go dig them up again and see what fit and what didn't. I think there's only like 3 tracks that weren't on the original. This is for the "grown and sexy" and I really don't like that phrase because it's so cliche. I prefer "sophisticated"...

Anyway, I tried to avoid putting R&B on here... 1) because I don't (didn't really) listen to it so I'm not a good authority on that and 2) because if done right, rap can be just as smooth. I did make a few exceptions though. It took me many years to find the beat for "The World is Filled." I got such a rush when I finally found it.

Instrumental Series Vol.5: Smooth Groove

01. Outkast - Liberation
02. LL Cool J - Luv U Better
03. Common - They Say
04. Biggie - The World is Filled
05. Amerie - Why Don't We Fall in Love
06. Nas - It Wasn't You
07. Lloyd Banks - I'm So Fly
08. Beanie Sigel - Don't Stop
09. 2Pac - Wonder if Heaven Got a Ghetto
10. Bobby Valentino - Slow Down
11. Bone Thugs - Murda Mo
12. Busta Rhymes - New York Shit
13. Jin - I Got a Love
14. Cassidy - So Long
15. Jay-Z - Girls Girls Girls
16. Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push
17. Puff Daddy - Been Around the World
18. TI - Why You Wanna
19. DJ Cruz - Loveland
20. Nas - We Will Survive
21. Snoop Dogg - Beautiful
22. Jay-Z - Excuse Me Miss
23. Erykah Badu - Back in the Day
24. Raekwon - Rainy Dayz Remix
25. Little Brother - Lovin' It
26. Ahmad - Back in the Day Remix

At the moment, I'm working on three editions, "The Near East Edition" (vol.4), Rocafella (vol.3), and the "Philly Underground" (vol.6 double disc gutter edition).

No comments: